PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a District Manager. As a District Manager, you will be the primary contact for the G4S officer in the field and the G4S Client and has responsibility for day-to day client site operations, including overseeing customer service relations functions and prospecting. District Manager responsibilities include employee relations: contracted staffing and training needs, as well as provide assigned district supervision to ensure that contractual obligations are met across their portfolio/vertical/market; while maintaining compliance to the applicable G4S Way of Operating tools and methodologies. These responsibilities are directly supported by the market’s functional areas: Human Resources/Training, Shared Services and Centralized Scheduling.
The District Manager is accountable for the effective and efficient delivery of security services at the client site. The District Manager ensures that the client site is properly staffed in support of the Labor Scheduling requirements as defined in partnership with embedded account management and the centralized scheduling function. He/she is responsible for identifying the required staffing level(s) vital to adequately meet contract obligations in coordination with the labor scheduling function while maintaining profitability targets. The District Manager is to conduct audits and/or site visits, as per defined service level agreements (SLAs), as well as communicate performance and any action plans to impact site performance to all applicable parties (Example: Safety Audits, Post Audits, Site Inspections, NPS Scores, etc.).
The District Manager is responsible to the Market Leader/ VP or the Director of Operations (who reports to the Market VP) to oversee the effective and efficient implementation and execution of all applicable phases and functions of operations in their span of control regarding delivery of service to the client, while continuously improving the client relationship, by ensuring quality assurance and contract compliance.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Ensure that all G4S personnel are supported by the local office with up to date training and supporting documentation, to meet stated client protection needs
- Coordinate with Human Resources and Training to identify and execute continuing education programs to support officer and staff development and licensing compliance
- Identify opportunities and execute plans to improve client satisfaction and retention
- Ensure and monitor compliance to the G4S Way of Operating
- Manage and continuously develop subordinates which are direct/indirect reports
- Interact with all levels of management to ensure successful daily operations are met.
- Maintain positive working relationships with the staff, client and community to ensure successful client relationships
- Ensure that G4S contract requirements, training and development are consistently being met
- Manage the G4S safety program, with assistance from the Training Manager and the Market Leader/ Regional VP of Operations, by rapidly identifying and thoroughly addressing any safety incidents
- Certify compliance to G4S systems and procedures such as Secure Trax as well as accurate time and attendance disciplines and corrections
- Coordinate with Centralized Scheduling and HR to identify and mitigate open posts, so the schedule may be adjusted to maximize coverage of the schedule and a job posting may be placed to quickly replace that employee
- Address any issues, provide feedback to ensure that the needs of each individual officer and/or client are heard and are being met
- Support and align with Labor Scheduler functions to address any errors in scheduling or post orders (addressed within 48 hours)
- Document, revise and advise action plans to improve scheduling performance and function as it pertains to non-billed overtime (NBOT) and fulfilling client relationships
- Attend weekly meetings with Office Management, Human Resource Management, and labor scheduling to align operational goals
- Attend Daily Operations Review meetings with Labor Scheduling to identify any problems with the schedule in advance
- Maintain frequent and positive contact with subordinates, customers and the general public to ensure interactions are align with the G4S core values
- Review Key performance indicators on a day-to-day basis in order to maintain control over operations
- Coordinate with Human Resources and Labor Scheduling on new hire availability, qualifications and schedule as needed
- Track/Monitor open position percentage to total headcount, call off hour’s percentage, and overhead to billable hour’s ratio
- Conduct regular site visits to customer locations to ensure employees are maintaining high code of conduct standards and to ensure a high standard of quality in servicing the contract (should meet the customer 2 times each week when possible)
- Conduct attendance meetings with employees who’ve have had an occurrence of absence, to improve performance and reduce absenteeism by identifying and mitigating root cause(s)
- Provide equipment to new employees or replacement to existing employees as necessary to ensure full contract compliance for the customer
The Ideal Candidate
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum of 3 years of management level experience in a multi-location business environment, a significant portion of which in the security industry
- Must possess prior work or educational experience and/or exposure to continuous improvement methodologies
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must possess each of the following:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Must be willing to travel and able to work flexible hours to include weekends, evenings, and extended hours
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use; driving
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.
About The Company
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices