This job has been closed.
G4S International Logistics (G4SI) are innovators in global and domestic secure transport solutions and we strive on unpredictable challenges faced on a daily basis to meet our client’s needs. Our Mission is to be the partner of choice for large organizations needing very high security solutions to international logistics risk; we achieve this through client and employee engagement and best capabilities. We make every effort to create the best place for the best people valuing skill, knowledge and expertise.
Specialising in door to door secure transportation, insurance, third party logistics, inventory/storage services and risk mitigation we are well known in the industry for our integrity and consultative approach. Banks, financial institutions, governments, mines, diamond cutters, jewellery manufacturers and retailers worldwide rely on us to protect their commercial and reputational risk while optimizing their business operations.
Our team of highly skilled professionals are supported by superior technology and our industry leading security and risk management processes are continuously reviewed and refined in order to adapt to the constantly changing risk landscape.
We maintain a fluid and agile workforce to respond and react to change, always thinking on our feet and applying sound judgement in our decision making. We value our talent and make every effort to create the best place for the best people valuing skill, knowledge, expertise and innovation.
If you think G4Si is the best place for you, we have the following opportunity in our Johannesburg Office.
To perform a full range of accounting and administrative tasks.
The job will include, but not limited to:
Accounting and General Ledger
- Capturing of all Cash books – local and foreign
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Fixed assets register
- Preparing/processing of journals
- Petty Cash
- Intercompany invoicing and balance confirmations
- Eventually to assist with BPC reporting into BPC and monthly trading packs
- Assist with forecast and budget preparation
- Liaising with external auditors
- Completion and submission of monthly VAT returns
- Revaluation of all foreign debtors
- Capturing receipts – accurate allocations
- Creditors reconciliations to statements
- Preparation of payments, both local and foreign
- Monitor and review of outstanding invoices with prompt resolution of queries Invoices must be approved as per the delegation of authority
- Ensure timely payments and the processing thereof
- Revaluation of foreign creditors
- General administration and other related duties as assigned.
- Good oral and written communication
- Knowledge of accounting
- Analysis & interpretation
- Excellent customer service
- Planning, organizing & time management
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Deadline driven
- Good understanding of foreign transactions
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Professional personal presentation
- Ability and willingness to work co-operatively with others
- Computer skills – Accounting software, Microsoft Office applications
- Studying towards accounting, finance or related field preferred
- Satisfaction of both internal & external customers
- Shares knowledge and resources. Contributes to the success of client deliverables and achievement of department objectives.
- Meets task and project objectives within prescribed quality and time standards
- Encourage and contribute change
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday – 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- 30 minutes lunch break per day
- Maybe required to work extra hours from time to time
- Demonstrates professional behaviour with regard to client privacy internally and externally.